Prof. Gyu Myoung Lee, Ph.D.
Wireless Networks and Multimedia Services Department
Network and Service Architecture Group
9 rue Charles Fourier, 91011 Evry Cedex, France
(Tel) +33 (0)1 60 76 41 19, (Mobile) +33 (0)6 70 79 39 26
(Fax) +33 (0)1 60 76 45 78, Office - D05
Realization of Ubiquitous Networking for ¡°Connecting to Anything¡±
Gyu Myoung Lee received B.S. degree in electronic and electrical engineering from Hong Ik University, Seoul, Korea, in 1999 and M.S., and Ph.D. degree in school of engineering from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) (former, Information Communications University (ICU)), Daejeon, Korea, in 2000 and 2007, respectively.
He is currently with Institut Telecom, Telecom SudParis as an associate professor, specializing in network/service architecture and standards development. Since 2007 he has been working as an invited researching staff in Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI), Korea. He worked as a research professor in KAIST (former, ICU), Korea and as a guest researcher in National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), USA, in 2007. He also worked as a visiting researcher in the University of Melbourne, Australia, in 2002. His research interests include ubiquitous networking and IPTV services for NGN, IPv6 protocols, and traffic engineering including optical switching technologies.
Dr. Lee has actively participated in standardization meetings including ITU-T SG 13 (Future Networks including mobile and NGN), IPTV-GSI, and IETF and currently serves as a Rapporteur on evolution towards integrated multi-service networks and interworking. He has contributed more than 200 proposals for standards and published more than 80 papers in academic journals and conferences. He received several Best Paper Awards in international and domestic conferences and served as a reviewer of IEEE journals/conference papers and an organizer/member of committee of international conferences.
- Network Evolution Strategies and Architecture for Next Generation Internet/Future Internet
- New architecture design for smart ubiquitous networks
- A new concept for networking: content centric networking, future media Internet
- Standardization for Future Network and Next Generation Network(NGN) including ubiquitous networking, Internet of Things/Machine to Machine (M2M) communication (ITU-T SG 13, IETF, etc)
- Internet of Things (IoT), Web of Things (WoT)
- Service provisioning for IoT/WoT using cloud computing
- Service composition and orchestration
- Interdisciplinary technologies based on typical use cases such as eHealth, smart building/home, networked vehicle, etc.
- Smart Grid and energy saving (green IT)
- Energy saving through home automation
- Energy aware intelligent control of home appliances
- Energy saving networks
- Solutions to support ubiquitous networking for seamless interconnection between humans and objects
- Object naming and addressing for object to object communication
- Lightweight protocol design for constrained objects
- NGN-Web convergence, Cloud computing/networking
- Protocol design for WMS (Web multimedia subsystem) and interworking with IMS
- Resource control for cloud computing
- Emerging new services such as mobile IPTV, social networking
- Content delivery technologies for multimedia services
- P2P based social networking services
- Service support technologies: multicasting, context-awareness, federation, service overlay
- Traffic Control Mechanism for Quality of Service (QoS) and traffic engineering in fixed/mobile networking environment (e.g., mobile ad-hoc network, multihomed network mobility, vehicle area network, etc)
- Next Generation Internet Protocol (IP version 6)
- Generalized MultiProtocol Label Switching (GMPLS)-based control plane for Optical Internet
- Optical Internet Standardization (IETF, ITU-T, OIF)
- Optical Switching Technologies including Optical Hybrid Switching with Flow Classification
Looking for prospective Ph.D students
- Our team seeks a talented individual with strong motivation, team spirit and high academic credentials/results. Contact for application to email@example.com